All essential keywords to know to take care of your health
- Social Security: This is an institution with several branches that takes care of protecting individuals from illness, unemployment and accidents.
- Social Security regime: The regime corresponds to the branch of Social Security you are obligated to belong to. This regime will, for example, determine reimbursement amounts.
- Assurance maladie: This is the healthcare insurance that covers your medical reimbursements.
- Caisse Primaire d’Assurance Maladie: This is the physical center you can go to if you have problems with affiliation, reimbursements, etc.
- Carte Vitale: This green card contains information on your Social Security and your mutual fund, if you have one. You must always present it for a medical intervention.
- European Health Insurance Card: This card, which you may order free of charge, lets you travel in Europe and be reimbursed if you have medical expenses to pay.
- Tiers-Payant: In certain cases, a third party may pay for your medical expenses. In this case, your Carte Vitale must be up to date.
- The Ameli website: This site allows you to follow your medical interventions and reimbursements, request certifications and order your Carte Vitale.