The Lyon Métropole Maison des Etudiants (MDE) student center
The Maison des Étudiants, Lyon Métropole’s student center, is a work area dedicated to student initiatives and a place for events with a program that is open to all.
Following the context of closure due to Covid-19 pandemic, The Lyon Métropole Maison des Etudiants (MDE) student is opened to public again from September 2 : all information about this opening (french).
Located in Lyon’s 7th arrondissement, in the heart of the historical Rhône Riverbanks district, the Lyon Métropole Maison des Etudiants (MDE) has as its mission to integrate students in the city and provide support, promotion and presentation of their initiatives.
What is the Maison des Étudiants ?
- An incubator for associations, with 50 student associations in residence that develop their projects, organize events and open their initiatives to the city.
- 450 sqm of coworking areas for associations-in-residence, including 200 sqm for events, which are under a shared management by the student associations.
- The main point of sales for the Student Culture Pass and access to all types of culture in Lyon.
- A rich program for all metropolitan Lyon students throughout the year, including activities, the Student Initiative Forum, lectures, debates, distribution of local products, welcoming of international students, exhibitions, internship and orientation forums, inter-association encounters and dance and language courses.
events open to all students each year
student associations in residence
sqm of coworking areas
Working at the Maison des Étudiants
Lyon Métropole’s Maison des Maison des Étudiants provides student associations with a time-share work area covering over 450 sqm that is fully equipped and dedicated to student initiatives. It’s the place where you’ll find everything you need to carry out your project. Free upon registration.
Good to know
If you don’t belong to a student association, you can’t work at the MDE or reserve rooms there, but you can participate in a number of activities that are open to all: follow the program on the MDE agenda (french version only).
The Maison des Étudiants provides registered student associations with computer equipment (PCs, WiFi, photocopier/scanner), meeting and event rooms, a camera and video projectors that can be rented, domiciliation for association headquarters, lockers and so on.
Above all, it’s a place for meeting other resident student associations, creating synergy and giving rise to collaborative projects.
It’s the place where you can propose initiatives that are open to all, such as projections, debates or shows. Here is where you can participate in city life! Keep up to date with everything that’s happening on the Lyon Métropole Maison des étudiants Facebook page (french version only)
Sign up for the MDE
Have you organized a student association and want to register for the MDE to take advantage of its resources? Send the following documents by email to mde(at)grandlyon.com :
- Your association’s statutes
- The receipt for declaration to the Prefecture
- Proof of insurance covering civil liability risks
- The completed and signed application file, which you can download below. You will be given an appointment to finalize your registration (meeting and signature of the agreement).
Some practical information
TheMaison des Étudiants
90 rue de Marseille - 69007 Lyon
Tél. +33 (0)4 28 67 53 30
postal address : 25 rue Jaboulay - 69007 Lyon
Public transportations access:
Bus : n° 4 – 11 – 18 lines, "Jean Macé" stop
Métro B line, "Jean Macé" stop / Métro D line, "Guillotière" stop
Tramway T1 "quai Claude Bernard" stop - Tramway T2 "Centre Berthelot" stop
Opening hours : from monday to friday, 9am - 6pm from september the 1st to july the 31st - until 10.30pm and saturday depending activities.
"Pass Culture" sales hours : from monday to friday, 9am-12.15pm / 1.30pm-5.15pm
Tél. +33 (0)4 28 67 53 30